FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is psychotherapy?
Psychotherapy is a compound word grounded on two words psychology and therapy. Psychology is the study of human emotions, behaviors and mental processes while therapy means treatment. Psychotherapy is the clinical practice of treating clients with emotional, mental and behavioral problems. A psychotherapist is a mental health specialist trained to address psychological problems with using talk therapy. Therapy is the process of engaging in a restorative relationship between a clients and therapist aimed at assisting then to resolves current problems, cope and develop new skills to face their situations. Clients are expected to be willing, self-driven, and cooperative in the session as the therapist comes along to support and facilitate the process. Confidentiality highly observed and is only be withdrawn if the client plans to harm self or others.
- Who needs psychotherapy?
When we are in physical pain, it is normal to visit the doctor for treatment to reduce/manage our physical pain. The is no shame in seeking treatment for malaria, headaches or toothaches. Likewise, when we experience psychological pain, we need to seek mental health professional to help reduce/manage the psychological aches and pains. Mental wounds are invisible but evident in how we feel, think, behave and relate with others. Mental health professional such as psychiatrist, psychologists, psychotherapist, counselors can assistance to find appropriate treatment for your psychological pain. Psychiatrist provide pharmacological treatment to deal bio-medical issues of mental illnesses while the other mental health professionals provide psychological treatments to address personal, emotional, relational and social issues surrounding mental illnesses.
- Is a Marriage and Family Therapist qualified to address mental health issues?
Marriage and family therapy is a field of psychology that addressing individual, couple, family and organizational problems systemically. They are trained psychologist who understand psychopathology (abnormal behavior), social psychology, brain and behavior, human sexuality among others. Most marriage and family therapist are masters and PhD students/graduates who have additional skills through practicum/internship, licensing and supervision in systems psychology. Therefore, they have the necessary skill sets to support clients’ mental well-being.
- General Session Fees
The following are the session fees are to be paid upfront to confirm the booking of therapy sessions.
- Individual Psychotherapy – 2,000/- Ksh for 60 Mins.
- Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy – 2, 000/- Ksh for 90 Mins.
- Couple/Relationship Psychotherapy – 4,000/- Ksh for 120 Mins.
- Clinical Supervision – 2,500/- Ksh for 60 Mins.
- Psychology/counseling students – 1,500/-Ksh for 1st session & 1,000/ consecutive sessions 60 Mins.
- Group Therapy – 1,000/- Ksh for each group member for 160 Mins.
- Family Psychotherapy (3 members) – 6,000/- Ksh + 1, 000/-Ksh for 4+per member 160 Mins.
- Professional Mediation – 8,000/- Ksh per day
- Consultancy Fees
This special offer is available ONLY to workers/members of an organizations/support group which has entered into a contract Famhope as its primary mental health services provider for a period not less than one-year. The workers/members of these institutions will enjoy discounted rates for the following services unless otherwise stated in a memorandum of understanding.
- Individual Psychotherapy – 1,500/- Ksh for 60 Mins.
- Child & Adolescent Psychotherapy – 1,500/- Ksh for 60 Mins.
- Couple/Relationship Psychotherapy – 3,000/- Ksh for 120 Mins.
- Family Psychotherapy (3 members) – 4,000/- Ksh + 800/- for 4+ per member 160 Mins.
- Group Therapy – 800/- Ksh per group member
- Psycho-education Fees
This service is offered to churches, institutions and communities who seek online or face-to-face mental health services for their members. The fees for these services are dependent on the number of people in attendance. Unless otherwise stated in the memorandum of understanding before engagement, these fees are not negotiable after engagement.
- 3 – 5 People – 5, 000/- Ksh for 120 Mins.
- 10- 15 People – 10,000/- Ksh for 120 Mins.
- 16 – 30 People – 20,000/- Ksh for 120 Mins.
- 31 – 45 People – 30,000/- Ksh for 120 Mins.
- 46 – 60 People – 40,000/- Ksh for 120 Mins
- 61 – 85 People – 800/- Ksh per person for 120 Mins
- 86 + People – 600/- Ksh per person for 120 Mins.